We say goodbye to the best tech & social media stories of the year on this, the last week of 2010. Andy, JD & Tom are joined this week by Amy Vernon, Director of Viral Marketing Strategies for BlueGlass Interactive Inc. to discuss Wikileaks, Facebook, Digg, Google, Apple, and many other successes and failures of 2010 too numerous to list. So sit back, pop open a bottle of your favorite libation and join us in our armchair pontifications and prognostications.
Join Andy, Mu & Reg as they ring in the new year by recalling their picks for the best tech, internet & science events of 2007. Then they’re joined by very special guest Kina Grannis (“Gotta Digg!”), who folk-rocks the house with her sweet musical stylings.
Top 10 in Tech, Science & Internet
1. Apple iPhone
2. Stem Cells from skin cells
3. One Laptop Per Child
4. Writer’s Guild Strike (Digital Download Residuals)
5. Al Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize/ increased awareness of Climate Change
6. Facebook’s Beacon Infuriates users
7. The rise of Grassroots Politics on the Net
8. Increase of taser abuse by law enforcement
9. RIAA vs. Jammie Thomas
10. Top Viral Videos 2007