On this week’s podcast, our weekly COVID-19/tech sector update, social media and social responsibility in 2020, …and much more.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Is Now Being Used To Host Work Meetings
- EV and COVID
- Sweden’s EV Market Share At 23% In April, Doubles Year On Year
- Australian car sales fall by half in April, but consumers still interested in electric and hybrids
- Electric vehicles show more resilience than conventional cars during Covid-19 shock
- Tesla is on the verge of breaking into the S&P 500 index. Here’s the last thing it needs to do to be eligible. (TSLA)
- Bots Are Likely Responsible For Nearly Half Of COVID-19 Tweets, Say Researchers
Audible Book of the Week
- Slowdown: The End of the Great Acceleration – and Why It’s Good for the Planet, the Economy, and Our Lives by Danny Dorling
- Sign up at AudibleTrial.com/TheDrillDown
Music Break: Would I Lie to You by Eurythmics
Social Media and Social Responsibility in 2020
- Twitter flags Trump tweet with fact-checking label for first time
- Trump lashes out at social media companies after Twitter labels tweets with fact checks
- Facebook Executives Shut Down Efforts to Make the Site Less Divisive
The Drill Down Video of the Week
- According to Eli Blumentahl at CNET, Millions of HBO Now customers will be upgraded to HBO Max automatically. After the service launches, many of those users will get an app update that simply transforms the HBO Now app into the HBO Max app.
The Drill Down is a roundtable-style audio podcast where we discuss the most important issues of the week, in tech and on the web and how they affect us all.