On this week’s podcast, our weekly COVID-19/tech sector update highlights everyday heroes, and media expert Tom Cheredar helps us escape into the fantasy world of superheroes, …and much more.
- Why Are Music Streams Down If Everyone’s Home? Experts Weigh in
- These ‘disease hunters’ developed a novel technique for tracking pandemics after 9/11, but lost funding right before COVID-19
- Disney pushes the release dates of all Marvel movies in the next two years
- Brands turn to livestreaming as China stays home
- Twitter CEO sets aside $1 billion in Square equity for charity, coronavirus relief
- Tesla is cutting salaries and furloughing workers to ‘manage costs’ during pandemic
- UK cell towers torched amid bogus conspiracy theories that link 5G with coronavirus
- An EU coalition of techies is backing a ‘privacy-preserving’ standard for COVID-19 contacts tracing
- After walkouts, Amazon pledges temperature checks and masks in all warehouses
- Tiger tests positive for coronavirus at Bronx Zoo, first known case in the world
- You can’t use ventilators without sedatives. Now the US is running out of those, too.
Audible Book of the Week
- Shorter: Work Better, Smarter, and Less – Here’s How by Alex Soojung-Kim Pang
- Sign up at AudibleTrial.com/TheDrillDown
Music Break: We Could Be Heroes by Alesso
Hot Topic: Our Favorite Comic-based Media
- ANDY- Watchmen (HBO)
- TOSIN – Sonic the Hedgehog
- DWAYNE – Marvel’s Runaways (super-light fun). X-Men: The Animated Series, Attack on Titan, Saga.
- TOM – DMZ & Planetary
The Drill Down Videos of the Week
The Drill Down is a roundtable-style audio podcast where we discuss the most important issues of the week, in tech and on the web and how they affect us all.