On this week’s podcast, an update on COVID-19’s effect on the tech sector–and everything else, and we decrypt the mysteries of encryption…and much, much more.
What We’re Playing With
- Stock Market Volatility but not mainstreet volatility
- Campus closings
- NCAA tournament and Presidential Debates without live audiences
- Travel ban on people and items from Europe
COVID safety links
Audible Book of the Week
Music Break: Shake the Disease by Depeche Mode
Hot Topic:Encryption and Surveillance
- Leaked documents reportedly show the CIA secretly bought an encryption company and used it to spy on clients — while turning a profit
- Huawei and US surveillance
- Trump Administration Targets Your ‘Warrant-Proof’ Encrypted Messages
- Canada’s cyber intelligence agency working on ‘Holy Grail’ of encryption
- New flaw in Intel chips lets attackers slip their own data into secure enclave
The Drill Down is a roundtable-style audio podcast where we discuss the most important issues of the week, in tech and on the web and how they affect us all.