This week, will genetic editing improve humanity, or kill us all. plus Amazon Prime Day results, US election hacking, an Uncharted fan short… and much, much more.
- Amazon says this Prime Day was its biggest shopping event ever with 100 million products sold
- Amazon’s Got a Big-Pharma Headache. Is PillPack the Cure?
- Special counsel Mueller charges Russian intelligence officers with hacking Democrats during election
- Putin proposes a joint cybersecurity group with the US to investigate Russian election meddling
- E.U. Fines Google $5.1 Billion in Android Antitrust Case
Audible Book of the Week
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou
- Sign up at AudibleTrial.com/TheDrillDown
Music Break: Bad Blood by Taylor Swift
Hot Topic: Genetic Editing
- Cancer cells can be tricked into killing their own using CRISPR
- CRISPR gene editing is not quite as precise and as safe as thought
- Designer babies could be approved in future, says medical ethics panel
- CRISPR CAN SPEED UP NATURE—AND CHANGE HOW WE GROW FOOD
Music Break: Uncharted (Nate’s Theme) by Greg Edmunson
The Drill Down Videos of the Week
Geeks Of Doom’s The Drill Down is a roundtable-style audio podcast where we discuss the most important issues of the week, in tech and on the web and how they affect us all.