The following is a guest post.
Gaining followers across social media platform is a challenge faced by social media marketers. A social media page with a large number of followers is a reflection of the credibility of the page. Whether it is Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, if you have a large number of followers on your page it shows that many people who are ready to listen to you.
Growing your Twitter audience is a challenging task as it is a microblogging site. There is a limit to the number of characters that can be tweeted and the lifespan of a tweet is also very less. Thus, growing your Twitter audience with these limitations is very testing.
Here are few simple tricks to gain a large Twitter following and keep it growing
- Become follow- worthy: To become worthy of following you should have a good profile with a clear photograph. Individuals can go for face photograph and businesses can go for their logo as the profile picture. Fill up the bio with all details about you or your business. A bio with all necessary information will help you get more followers.
- Follow people who are likely to be interested in your business: Until and unless you start following others, others will not follow you back. There are two ways you can find followers for your business
- Search for keywords or hashtags related to your business and find people to follow
- Search for conversations around a particular topic and follow people who are participating in the conversation
- Tweet posts that drive interaction: Studies have shown that visuals drive more engagement than text-based tweets. Thus, go for a mix of visual-based content like Gif’s, photos, infographics, and videos. If at all you are tweeting text, make sure that it is short so that it is easy to retweet. Include hashtag that is relevant to the post to increase organic reach. Also, remember to keep promotions to a minimum as too much promotion will provide the look of a spammer. People are more likely to unfollow if you spam with a lot of promotions.
- Schedule your tweets: Since the lifespan of tweets is very short, it is best to tweet at least 4-5 times a day to get noticed. But tweeting many times per day is not an easy task. The best way to go about is to schedule the post using apps like DrumUp. Scheduling not only saves your time but also ensures that the tweets go out at the right time. Twitter analytics will provide you information as to when your followers are online. This information will help you in scheduling the posts at the right time.
- Engage with your followers: If any of your followers leave a comment on your tweet, remember to reply them back in public. Similarly, always remember to thank the other person if he/she has retweeted or mentioned you in a tweet. All this will create an impression that you are a sociable person. People would like to engage with such a person. But never use an autoresponder to thank for the posts as it can be annoying for some.
Last but not the least, go through your Twitter Analytics once in a while. Twitter Analytics will provide you a clear picture of your audience, their demographics and the type of post they like. This information will help you in coming up with interesting posts in the future.
Author Bio: Sunitha is a freelance content writer with experience writing content and blogs for clients in social media. She has written blogs for various industry blogs like Drumup and Godotmedia. Her interests include social media and content marketing. When she’s not writing, she likes to pursue her hobby of jewelry making”.