This week Andy, Dwayne, and semi-regular Tom Cheredar welcome guests Sean Ludwig from VentureBeat and Christopher Burnor from the Symbiotek podcast as we discuss: Facebook buys Gowalla, Kindle becomes #2 tablet, Verizon blocks Google Wallet, and a new advancement to cut chip power consumption.
Later we discuss upgrades to XBox Live, Verizon challenges Netflix, and YouTube’s new interface, all intended to steal your living room attention. Lastly we dissect culpability in the Carrier IQ exploit scandal.
- Facebook Failed With Its Own Foursquare Killer, So Now It’s Buying Gowalla
- Kindle is second-best selling tablet
- Mobile payments war escalates as Verizon blocks Google Wallet on Galaxy Nexus
Audible Book of the Week
Musical Interlude #1
Hot Topic: The Fight for Your Living Room
- Microsoft upgrades Xbox Live with 40 entertainment services, live TV, and Kinect…
- Verizon to take on Netflix with Web service
- YouTube Unveils New Look
Musical Interlude #2
Final Word: Carrier IQ: Should We Believe the Hype?