Then we discuss: Google Wallet’s launch, Google+ opens its beta to all, Google develops a Flipboard clone, Sony sneaks a ‘Binding Individual Arbitration’ clause into its new PSN user agreement, Apple prepares to launch the iPhone 5 under new CEO Tim Cook, and HP considers Meg Whitman to replace CEO Léo Apotheker.
Later we discuss Netflix’s decision to split the company into two separate divisions (with a new name for its DVD-by-mail service). Then we talk about Facebook’s new News Feed changes.
What we’re experiencing this week:
- Andy: Misfits, Minecraft 1.8 ‘Adventure’ update & Glitch (MMO by Tiny Speck, featuring work by Keita Takahashi)
- Google Wallet quietly launches today
- Google+ Opens To Everyone, Adds Search, Expands Hangouts
- It’s Called Google Propeller and It’s Aimed at Flipboard
- Sony asks gamers to sign new terms or face PSN ban
- Apple’s Next Event to Be Held on October 4, Starring Its New CEO
- Former eBay CEO Meg Whitman Being Considered for HP CEO Job
Audible Book of the Week
Musical Interlude #1
- An Explanation and Some Reflections
- Why Netflix is splitting itself in two – The Oatmeal
- The Joy of Tech (I think the irony here is wonderful)
Musical Interlude #2