The holiday gift-giving season is upon us and The Drill Down crew wants to help, so we brought in gadget blogger (Sony social media team member) Sukhjit to help with her tech gift picks for the holidays and our picks as well (you can see our full lists here).
Later in the show, we tackle the hard tech news of the week, including a peering feud between Level 3 Communications and Comcast, Google’s $5.3B offer for Groupon, Wikileaks release of 250 thousand US Embassy cables & the hunt for founder Julian Assange, Microsoft’s TV service, Kinect’s record-breaking sales, and iPad 2 rumors.
- The Drill Down’s Holiday Gift Guide 2010
- Black Friday Boasts $648 Million in U.S. Online Holiday Spending, Up 9 Percent vs. Year Ago
- How Comcast became a toll-collecting, nuke-wielding hydra
- Google’s Groupon Offer: $5.3 Billion, With $700 Million Earnout
- Wikileaks: Secret US Embassy Cables
- United States diplomatic cables leak, by region
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange Wants To Spill Your Corporate Secrets
- Microsoft in talks for new TV service
- Kinect is Selling 2X as Fast as the iPad
- Apple to add 5 new features to iPad 2, says paper
- Apple bans Android magazine app