This week The Drill Down crew discuss Facebook Deals, Facebook buys Drop.io and gains a CEO, FARK’s Drew Curtis defends Reddit from Stewart/Colbert, the dawn of promoted tweets, a very public (and seemingly personal) feud between Michael Arrington and Jason Calacanis, Reddit Chief Chris Slowe leaves for Hipmunk, the real reason the white iPhone 4 is delayed, iPhone 5 rumored to have an e-wallet chip, and Digg unburies the Bury Button.
- Deals, updated mobile apps, new single log-in come to Facebook
- Facebook Buys, Kills Drop.io
- FARK.com: Blog (Drew): Jon Stewart to Reddit: you don’t matter
- Reddit Is Not Mad at Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, Reddit Says
- Promoted Tweets: Testing in the Timeline
- At My Wit’s End: Jason Calacanis Threatens To Sue Us
- Reddit Chief Takes Flight To Hipmunk, Explains Why He’s Leaving Now
- And like that, poof. He’s gone.
- The Real Reason White iPhone 4 Is Delayed (Hint: The Camera)
- iPhone 5 Will Enable Ambitious Remote Computing Program
- Digg Unburies the Bury Button
- Google settles in class action lawsuit over Buzz launch