The Drill Down crew is proud to welcome to the show Reddit admins Chris “KeyserSosa” Slowe and Mike “Raldi” Schiraldi. Chris and Mike discuss Reddit Gold, Reddit’s stance on ads for CA Prop 19, and Ben Huh’s public offer to buy Reddit. Later we discuss Digg’s Version 4, their revolting users, and their exodus from Digg to Reddit, Digg’s ‘broken covenant’, Kevin Rose addresses users’ concerns, and Digg gets a new CEO.
UStream encountered many connectivity issues during this recording, so no video this week.
- reddit needs help [Reddit Gold]
- In protest, Reddit rolls its own pot ads
- I Can Haz Cheezburger CEO offers to buy Reddit – it is for realz
- Reddit’s Co-Founder Responds to Cheezburger Founder’s Acquisition Approach
- Digg Users Lash Out At New Format, Join Forces with Reddit
- Digg: The Broken Covenant (aka Selling Out to “The Man”)
- Kevin Rose – blogg – Digg v4: release, iterate, repeat.
- Kevin Rose’s welcome letter for Matt Williams, Digg’s new CEO
- Reddit considers itself a benefactor of Digg user revolt
- Dear entire mainstream media: Please stop referring to reddit as “small”.